Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Delhi 6: Good but below my expectations

To start with, I really expected a lot from this movie as it starrs Abhishek Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor in the lead roles, but overall it didn't fulfill my expectations. Now that doesn't mean that I am disappointed by the movie. It was a good movie and I really liked the characters in the film. Having said that, the weak thing I feel about the movie is its story. If you've also watched the movie, you can understand what I meant (yup, that 'Kala Bandar' thing!).

Excepting the story, I really enjoyed this movie overall. And I got a chance to see my favorate old actor once again -- Rishi Kapoor in a fabulous role. **The line he said, "Pyaar karte ho to izhaar karo, varna meri tarha khali makaan khareedte reh jaogey" is great** I liked his performance the most. At that age, he has done a superb acting. I should watch the films he did when he was young :) Amitabh Bachchan was in a guest appearence.

The cinematography was a little weak at the starting and the end. But in the middle the director showed his talent, right? The background score is fitted at right places making the film more fun. And I saw Om Puri after a long time. Where was he?!

A.R. Rahman's music always takes time to grow on me. Finally, now it has grown over me and I like the soundtrack. It was fabulous. Again I say fabulous. The song Rehna Tu steels the show with Masakalli being at number two. All the other songs were also refreshing. Perhaps, Rahman should have gotten an Oscar for this film. Wasn't its music better than that of Slumdog's?


Don't know why, but I am falling in love with all the newcomer heroines. Like I falled in love with Genelia D'Souza after seeing Jaane Tu... And now after seeing Delhi 6, I love Sonam. Hmm... which newcomer will be my love now: keep guessing! :)

Movie Rating - 3.5/5 (Very Good)

Music Rating - 4.2/5 (Excellent!)

Its one of those movies you can watch with your family (except a few little scenes!) ;-)

Here's a trailer:

No comments: