Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Sonu Niigaam section

This blog's author loves the singer Sonu Niigaam. This is a section of this blog dedicated to everything related to Sonu. Whenever the author wants to discuss about Sonu, he'll do an addendum in this post instead of writing a separate one.

-June 18, 2009 (8:09 PM IST)
Sonu Niigaam's Bijuriya live-


While surfing through the net today, I found a cool video of Sonu Niigaam singing his most famous number Bijuriya (Album: Mausam). Here is the video, and I think it's worth at least one-watch.


It is really a great song. You can search the term 'Bijuriya' on YouTube and you'll find thousands of results. And that is why Sonu Niigaam is called the king of Indipop!


-May 17, 2009 (9:50 PM IST)
Great singing by Sonu in an interview-

Here are some great songs of Sonu sung by himelf in an interview. Please note that these are very popular no's. and they should not be ignored, unless you are not a Sonu Niigaam fan!

His humming in Hai Guzarish (Ghajini).
Kal Ho Na Ho.
Nagada Baja (Jab We Met).
Ae Dil Matt Ro (Classically Mild).
Phir Milenge Chalte-Chalte (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi).
Suhani Raat Dhal Chuki.

Aren't these songs simply superb?!


-May 13, 2009 (6:50 PM IST)
A new song of Sonu Niigaam-


Here is the latest song of Sonu Niigaam which he has done with the Globle One team. The song has just released and I found its official video while browsing through YouTube today. Here is it.


On the other hand, here's a video the song Kal Ho Na Ho sung by Sonu live on stage.


-May 10, 2009 (10:55 AM IST)
Translation to a song-


The translation to Sochta Hoon Main from Classically Mild was done here.

-April 23, 2009 (2:56 PM IST)
Sonu at Desi Hits-

Here's the teaser of Sonu at Desi Hits. In the teaser, he sings the track Soniyo from Raaz 2. Your Thoughts?

I just loved the style of his singing. It's marvellous. And as a music student (busy in
Ear Training these days), I would love to get his singing style. That will take some time, perhaps six months from now on, but that I will achieve that!

-April 4, 2009 (8:45 PM IST)
Songs of Kal Kisne Dekha review-

I mentioned about Sonuji's songs (in Kal Kisne Dekha) in the 2nd April update. At that time, I hadn't listened to the songs. But now I've listened to them a few times, and I wanna tell my thoughts on the songs in the film.

Aalam Guzarne Ko is a sweet romantic song. And its madlion part is great, I just love the notation. The song refreshes my mood with its mildness. Sonuji should get an award for this one. Its a fabulous number, and I can sing it easily as it is not on a very high pitch (I am a singing learner, by the way).


Soniye Billori is a Punjabi style song. And Sonu has sung it from nose, in the Himesh Reshammiya style. The song will be played on private weddings (especially in Punjab). I don't like nasal singers much. But because its my favorite vocalist - Sonu Niigaam, who has sung this song, I think I should like nasal singers too!


The two songs are special in their own genre; they shouldn't be compared as it would be an apple vs orange comparison. These are, of course, not the best of Sonu after his track awesome track Soniyo in Raaz The Mystery Continues. But the songs aren't bad either.


All the songs of this album are available for listening here. Enjoy!


-April 2, 2009 (8:30 PM IST)
Videos of Sonuji uploaded by me-

I have uploaded some videos of Sonuji on the site YouTube.com, which I'd like to share with you all.

Here is the first video. In this video, Sonuji shows his dairy (made in the late 80's) to the great actor Aamir Khan. Sonu is a big fan of Aamir and he had been a fan of Aamir since he was in 9th grade. Sonu told that he had always been inspired by Aamir's work. Here is it:

The second one is an interview of Sonu Niigaam with IndiaFM.com. Here is it:


-April 2, 2009 (8:28 PM IST)
Sonuji's songs in Kal Kisney Dekha-

I just read in the newspaper today that Sonu Niigaam has sung a few songs in Vasu Bhagnani's film
Kal Kisne Dekha. The music has just released and here's the video of the music release (Sonu's not there at the release!?).

The songs Sonu has sung are Aalam Guzarne Ka and Soniye Billori Meri. The music to the film is given by Sajid-Wajid and it's very youthful. There are romantic songs as well as Punjabi Bhangra type of songs. I wish Sonu-ji's songs become famous and he gets more work!

...and yeah, I'll be updating this section at least twice a week!

No comments: