Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back; with a list of songs!

Lately, I remember I have this blog to be updated. I really enjoyed the holidays. Now, from tomorrow, I have to get back to the earlier life routine. So what was there to keep me busy? Yeah, I wrote the last post on that, but there was something more which kept me busy and I didn't mention it. Imagine what? Imagine...

Songs!

Yup, I had been listening to a whole lot of songs - old and new, and really enjoyed some of them. Here I make a list of songs I enjoyed in the holiday journey:

Yeh Dil Na Hota Bechaara by Kishore Kumar from Jewel Thief. This song has wonderful lyrics and Kishore ji's voice makes it much more fun to listen. And Vibhore Parashar from Delhi sang this song on Li'l champs' stage. Vibhore's version was as good as the original one. Here's the video:

I have listened to Classically Mild also. Especially the song Sochta Hoon Main because a question had been coming to my mind that why am I living this life? What am I gaining by this day and night circle? My thoughts were very deep and after thinking this, it took a while to come out of the ocean of such thoughts.

Then I listened to Guzaarish from Ghajini. And its theme music was even better. The humming or 'aalaap' had a great feeling in it!

I listened/watched the Sonu Niigaam concert mentioned in this post. I discovered lots more concert videos at YouTube, which was my companion these holidays.

There were oldies like Madhuban Mein Radhika, Pardesiyon Se Na, Yeh Chaand Sa Raushan Chehra, Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna and many (yeah, I said 'many') more! Old songs have that feel which new ones can never have (in my opinion). Old songs were recorded live with an orchestra and Mohd. Rafi or Kishore Kumar used to sing live with the musicians. Today, the songs are recorded with technology. A music track is recorded first, and then the singer sings on it, which makes singing much more easier as compared to those days.

Suraj Hua Madham was another song I listened many times. It has a great 'hask' or feel that makes it a worth-listen. It was one of the greatest hits of Sonu Niigaam.

Ishq Nachaye ghazal by Pankaj Udhass. And Apni Tasveer Ko Aankhon Se, a Ghulam Ali ghazal but I had the version of Mohd. Vakil. Both the ghazals are excellent and I relished them.

Soniyo from Raaz The Mystery Continues is a fabulous track. I translated it here and it is amongst the best tracks of 2009.

Tumse Milke Dil Ka, a song from Main Hoon Na. It's more of a quawalli type song.

Now that's all I listened to (and that's all I can ramble this time). Perhaps, I am too lazy to do a film review or something. But I promise that one day I will be reviewing another film here. I have to justify with the title of this blog 'Relish Bollywood'!

No comments: